Monday, September 20, 2010

Microwave Kettle Corn

Oh Microwave Mondays- I bet you thought I had forgotten you. But alas, no.
 I have been dreaming of this post the last two weeks.

There is one recipe that people ask me about more than any other.... and this is it!
Microwave Kettle Corn! (cue the applause track)

Have you ever checked out the ingredient list on those microwave popcorn bags?
Well, let me just say this.... the following recipe has no chemicals. You can actually pronounce ALL the ingredients! Not only that, but it is much cheaper! And even better.... my kids LOVE it!

So- natural, cheaper, and yummier! Ready for it?

First, gather up your Large Round Mold and Octagonal Silpat.

1. Pour in 1/3 cup sugar and 3 Tablespoons water in the Large Round Mold. Swirl around until mixed together.
(Of course, I use my Magnetic Measuring Trio- my fave!)

Pop in your microwave for 2 minutes.
Mixture will be bubbling.


2. Then add 1/3 cup popcorn kernals. Carefully swirl around to cover kernals with hot syrup. Cover with Octagonal Silpat and microwave for 2-4 minutes.

In my microwave I have to stop it just under 4 minutes. The kernals will still be popping. But if I let it go the full four minutes, some will burn.

 Note: most people burn it the first time. Just dump it out and try again!!! You'll get it!

3. Carefully remove Silpat. Open away from you so steam will escape.
Stir and salt. Enjoy!!

Thanks to Shelley Hart for submitting the recipe in the Beginnings and Endings Cookbook!



3 comments:

  1. Have mercy! I love that I can have Kettle Corn without the shaking and the big pot and all that oil!!!
    Thank you ever so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should I press charges??? I am now addicted to this recipe - every Sunday night finds me making this. (To cut down on sugar, I've cut the water/sugar amounts down and it still comes out pretty crispy!) I'm just starting a blog and when I figure out how, I will "follow" you and also make a link or repeat this recipe, whichever is more appropriate. -cindy with http://chokecherrysyrup.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete