Monday, October 15, 2012

Black Bean Brownies - DRAG-free!

In honor of a lovely new mommy who doesn't want her food limitations to be a DRAG...
I present these yummy brownies!

I  had tried a Black Bean Brownie recipe before that was not gluten-free. Then I tried a YUMMY Flourless Brownie recipe from The Spunky Coconut Cookbook (my favorite cookbook!)
My recipe is a combination of the two.

I enjoy them best hot out of the oven, or cold out of the refrigerator. So good.


Black Bean Brownies – DRAG-Free

Ingredients
  • 1 can no salt Black Beans
  • 3 eggs
  • ½ cup almond butter
  • ½ cup sunbutter
  • ½ tsp. sea salt
  • ½ tsp. liquid stevia
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 c. mini chocolate chips (DRAG-free kind)
Directions
Preheat oven to 325 F.
Rinse beans until liquid is clear
In food processor combine beans and 1 egg. Process until smooth
Pour into bowl (to mix by hand or electric mixer.)
Add remaining ingredients except cocoa and chocolate chips.
Mix until smooth. Add cocoa and mix until smooth.
Stir in chocolate chips
Fill tray using the Medium Scoop
Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top if desired (or if you forget to add them inside like I sometimes do!!)
Bake for 15 minutes.
Let cool 5-10 minutes before removing from tray.
Enjoy!
Makes 36 brownies. 
Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer.


If you are like me, you may wait until your family has tasted them (and loved them!) before you reveal the secret ingredient!

No comments:

Post a Comment