Thursday, August 9, 2012

Family French Toast


 This morning, I arose to the smell of delight.

My husband (Chef Kerick) and son (Sous Chef Austin) were in the kitchen creating a delicious dish:
Sift & Go Sifter
French Toast on the Silpat

They began with a standard egg/milk mixture and bread slices cut in half.
After dipping bread in the egg mixture, they placed it on the silpat.
Sous Chef Austin, sprinkled cinnamon on top.

If only he would have known I had the new Sift & Go Sifter he could have used that! Next time!

After baking 20 minutes or so at 350, my daughter Savannah, who was "supervising" by laying on the floor, commented on how delicious they smelled.

The chefs pulled out the golden-colored French Toast. Perfection!

While taking them off with the Polyamide Spatula, Chef Kerick noticed how easily they came off the pan. He said, "I could never do this on a metal pan. All the French Toast bread would be ripped up."

My other daughter Sierra responded, "Everybody should have a Silpat!"

"Everybody needs a Silpat!"

"Smells Delicious!"
"It's good stuff!"
"Yummmmmm"
"I love my family!"













 Note: This post was approved by full tummies.

To make Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free 
just substitute GF bread and DF milk

No comments:

Post a Comment