Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gluten Free Pumpkins

So- I went ahead and tried to shake up the recipe for the Gluten Free Banana Cake.... 

Introducing: Gluten Free Pumpkins!

I just substituted Pumpkin for the Bananas.
And added some "Pumpkin Pie Spice" - cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves.
Easy Peasy.  (Click HERE for link to the banana recipe.)


I mixed it up and poured it into the Petal Tray (one of my favorites!!!)
Baked about 20 minutes. (I think! Until slightly browning on the top.)

 After removing them from the tray, I placed them on my Roul'Pat 
                                                   (on special the month of October 2010!)



Next, I made stems for my little punkins! 
I just purchased a pack of caramels and sliced each one in half.
I use my Demarle Difference Paring Knife- slices right through!
I took each caramel piece and shaped it with my fingers... 
                stretching it out a little and curving it just a tad. 

Then, I whipped up a quick glaze..... 
      powdered sugar, milk, vanilla (or whatever sounds good to you!)

If you want it show up more, 
   you can choose more of a frosting or a caramel sauce or even white chocolate ganache! 
 (ooooh... What about taking those cinnamon chips and making ganache with that? yum!)

I drizzled each pumpkin with glaze and pushed a stem into the center. 

They were a big hit- even with the gluten-eating crowd!

Happy Fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment