Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Neighbor's Garden Stew

The other day, my generous neighbor kept passing veggies over the fence... garlic, potatoes, onion, carrots, cabbage. Yum!

So I got right to work on dinner.... Garden Stew.
I grabbed my Large Round Mold and placed in on my Perforated Baking Sheet.
I threw in some Stew Meat (from our share of the cow we bought.)
I was hoping to add some Beef Stock- but the cupboards were bare. Instead, I splashed on some Worcestershire sauce.
Threw in the fresh potatoes, carrots, onion, a little garlic and added some red pepper. Seasoned with salt and pepper.

I topped it off with the Octagonal Silpat.
Threw it in the oven at lunch time at 200 degrees.
By dinner time.... Yum!

My kindergarten daughter said, "Mommy, why did it have to cook so long?"
I explained that when meat cooks slowly on a low heat, it is nice and tender... which means it is easier to chew. She got a big grin and took a bite. After chewing and swallowing she said, "Thank you Mommy for doing that! It IS easy to chew!"

Fresh ingredients. Inexpensive meal. Happy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment