Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blueberry Apple Upside Down Cake

Tried this one yesterday.

Blueberry Apple Upside Down Cake
in the Sunflower Mold. 

Liked it!

I used frozen blueberries I picked at Willamette Valley Fruit Company.
Check them out!



 Here is the recipe (including some changes I suggest.)


 Blueberry Apple Upside Down Cake

1/4 butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I suggest more like a 1/4 cup. It was really sweet)
1/4 cup honey

2 Gala apples peeled and sliced into 1/4inch slices
1 cup blueberries (I used much less- mostly for decoration)

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour (I used 1/2 cup wheat flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract (as my daughter says, "I love Valinna!")

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place Sunflower Mold on Perforated Baking Sheet
Place 1/4 cup butter in Sunflower Mold and place in oven until butter melts.
Sprinkle with brown sugar.
Drizzle with honey.
Arrange apples in the pan (I just mimicked the sunflower shape.)
Add blueberries to accent and more one top as desired.

2. Beat sugar and 1/2 cup butter until blended.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing until well blended after each.

3. Stir together flour and baking powder.
Add to sugar mixture alternately with milk.
Beat until well blended after each addition.
Stir in vanilla.
Pour over apples & blueberries.

4. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes
      (or until a toothpick inserted
       in the center comes out clean.)
Cool in pan 10 minutes.
Invert onto serving plate.
Enjoy- yum yum!!

1 comment:

  1. I should have looked here first. I was looking for something to make with my pears and blueberries. I ended up doing a crisp, which I love...but this cake would have been super fun to try too!

    ReplyDelete