Sunday, September 19, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars

Have I told you about my new favorite cookbooks?

The Gathering of Friends cookbooks by Michelle Huxtable.
They are gorgeous! EVERY recipe has a picture!!

One of my favorite chapters in Volume Two is "Enchanting Desserts."
Page after page of delicious looking treats. I just had to get testing!

It wasn't difficult to choose my first experiment.... Peanut Butter Bars.
I just can't get enough chocolate and peanut butter. Seriously!

So, I "gathered" my "friends" (aka- my three kids!) and got to work!

After taking turns mixing all the yummy ingredients, my friends loved patting the mixture into the Deep Flexipat.

(I think they also loved licking their hands on their way to the sink to wash them!)

Next- into the oven for only 15 minutes! Now that is my kind of cooking!

Then we plopped on some spoonfuls of peanut butter and sprinkled on some chocolate chips.


After they melted, I spread them around with my Heat Resistant Spatula. My friends could hardly contain their excitement!
Finally.... we were able to cut the bars and sample them. I just love how easily they come out of the Deep Flexipat!
Sorry no pictures of my friends' chocolaty faces. But you can imagine...

So, about the recipe....
I am not sure if I can legally reprint it. I think I can if I cite the source, but I just need to check it all out. Stayed tuned for an update.

For now,  if you want the recipe, you can send me a message or email and I can contact you.
Or.... just buy your own cookbook! You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment